FAQ - 'ThoughtWorks via Geektrust'
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does 'ThoughtWorks via Geektrust' mean?
It means that you are being interviewed and hired by Geektrust but you will work on ThoughtWorks projects. After a period of 6 months, you will become a full time employee of ThoughtWorks.
2. Is this a full time opportunity?
This is 100% a full time opportunity. For the first 6 months you will be an employee of Geektrust. After 6 months your employer will be ThoughtWorks.
3. Why is ThoughtWorks hiring via Geektrust?
Finding good tech folks is hard. So ThoughtWorks and Geektrust are exploring different mechanisms to help find good talent. This is one of them. In addition, many of us at Geektrust have spent more than a decade at ThoughtWorks ourselves, and hence there is a strong trust between the 2 companies that has resulted in this partnership.
4. What happens at the end of 6 months?
You will get an offer letter from ThoughtWorks, and your employer will change to ThoughtWorks.
5. Will I have another interview at the end of 6 months?
You will have a culture fit interview. There will not be any technical interview.
6. Will my salary change when I join ThoughtWorks?
No. Your salary will remain the same. However you will get additional benefits of upto 1.5 lacs in terms of medical insurance, cab reimbursement and such.
7. What if ThoughtWorks does not hire me after 6 months?
There is very low chance of this happening since you've gone through the entire interview process. In the event of this happening, you will continue as a Geektrust employee and work with one of our other clients.
8. What is the notice period at ThoughtWorks
The notice period when you are Geektrust and at ThoughtWorks will be 2 months.
9. Which leave policy will apply to me?
For the first 6 months you will be on Geektrust's leave policy and on ThoughtWorks' post that. Both are very similar in anycase.
10. When will I be eligible for an appraisal?
You will be eligible for the appraisal cycle based on policy similar to that of all ThoughtWorks employees from the date you convert to a full time employee at ThoughtWorks .