FAQ - Code with Geektrust - Zensar Edition
What is this event about and how does it work?
Geektrust is hosting an exclusive event to hire for 50+ open positions across junior, senior and leadership levels at Zensar Digital Engineering Studios. You need to register and solve one of the coding challenges featured here. Once you clear the challenge, the Geektrust team will coordinate between you and Zensar to make the further process and interviews fast and smooth. Zensar moves super fast, and the hiring process goes from the first interview to offer in a week’s time.
Who can participate in the event? What is the eligibility criteria?
You can see the JDs for current openings here. Besides the automated-matching, there will be an additional round of manual screening of your code and resume before you proceed to interviews. You need to have an updated profile, solve a coding challenge and get a score of >50 to qualify.
Which coding challenge do I need to solve for this event?
We’ve picked 4 of our existing coding challenges for this event:
- Junior Backend - Water Management
- Junior Frontend - TEEREX STORE
- Senior Backend - Water Management
- Senior Frontend - TEEREX STORE
- Leadership Backend - DoReMi Subscription
- Leadership Frontend - Finding Falcone
What are the challenges like, what is the evaluation criteria?
When you’re solving a problem on the job, there’s no real value in being able to solve 3 coding problems in 60 mins, or knowing every algorithm or data structure in the book. In the real world, a programmer needs to think through the problem, and craft a solution that is readable, maintainable and solves the problem. Clean code is what matters to companies, and that’s exactly what the Geektrust coding problems are designed to help you showcase.
If you've solved a Geektrust challenge, should you still solve another challenge?
If you have solved a Geektrust challenge, scored more than 50, and cleared the unit tests, then you don't need to solve another challenge. If your score is <50, you can improve your score on the existing code, or start afresh on the featured challenge.
Is there a score cutoff or must-have badges I need to qualify for interviews?
Yes. You need to clear the coding challenge and get a Geektrust Silver Membership (score of 50+) and must have the unit test badge. But hey, you can improvise ;)
This is what you should look to achieve while solving:
Junior roles: Showcase your coding fluency, mastery in the language, make sure all test cases are passing, and write readable code.
Senior roles: Write readable, maintainable code following good OOP concepts, and make sure you've got good unit test coverage.
Leadership roles: Write readable, maintainable code following either OOPS or functional paradigm. Unit-tested and well-designed code will go a long way in showcasing your skills to senior engineering leaders.
What if my profile is not a match for Zensar Digital Engineering Studios?
Don’t worry! Zensar Digital Engineering Studios is one of the 100+ companies on Geektrust. Solve a coding challenge to find the opportunity that matches your skill set. See other companies on Geektrust here: other companies.You can simply update your profile to see all matching companies and apply to ones you like. With code, you will get a quick response.
When is the code submission deadline?
The deadline is 10 days from your date of registration. We recommend that you solve at the first available opportunity (like the upcoming weekend) if you’re keen on joining Zensar, since interviews are already under way.
What will be the evaluation parameters?
Your code will be evaluated for parameters of clean code including OOPs, Readability, Build and Unit Tests. Read more about it here.
What happens after code submission?
- If you have taken a backend coding challenge, you will get your evaluation and feedback within a few minutes.
- In case of frontend challenge or if your backend code is flagged for manual evaluation, the evaluation will take 3-4 days.
- You will get an email with your score and feedback when the evaluation is complete.
- To qualify for the interview, you need to get a score of at least 50.
- If your score is < 50, you can improve your code and resubmit any number of times within the next 48 hours after your first evaluation.
- You will be shortlisted for an interview based on how your profile matches with all criteria Zensar is looking for. This would take 1-2 days.
- Once shortlisted, interview calls will be scheduled within the next 2-3 days as per your availability.
- There will be 2 rounds of interviews, which will be conducted online.
- Round 1: Assessing code and your technical caliber
- Round 2: Managerial interview
- After the interviews, the offer finalization, document verification etc will take 2-3 days
- Overall you can expect the outcome in 7-10 days’ time..
What roles are Zensar Digital Engineering Studios hiring for?
- Software Developer - Backend
- Full stack Developer
- Software Engineer UI
- Senior Full Stack Developer
- Senior Software Developer - Backend
- Senior Software Engineer UI
Leadership (9-25 years)
- Principal Engineer (Fullstack)
- Senior Director of Engineering
- Engineering Manager
- Lead Software Engineer UI
- Lead Software Developer - Backend
- Solutions Architect - Backend
You can see all the openings and job descriptions here.
Is this for freshers?
The current openings at Zensar Digital Engineering Studios are for developers with 1 - 25 years of experience.
However, we have other openings and events for freshers from time to time. You can sign up, update your profile and solve any one coding challenge to connect with relevant companies.
Why should I take up this Geektrust challenge?
Solving this challenge gets you noticed by the tech team at Zensar Digital Engineering Studios as well as other companies, and gets your profile fast tracked. On other modes of applications, your resume might get lost within the thousands of applications that companies get from various avenues. Code is the differentiator that makes your profile stand out.
Will Zensar Digital Engineering Studios give me another coding challenge after I get shortlisted?
No, you will not be given another code test or challenge by Zensar Digital Engineering Studios.
What are the next steps and how soon can I expect the call/mail from Zensar Digital Engineering Studios, once I successfully submit the coding challenge?
If you have already cleared our coding challenge, we will be reaching out immediately to schedule interviews.